My name’s Caitlin Fairty. I’m 29 and still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Right now, I’m a freelance writer in San Diego, CA. (Visit my business site to hire me!)
- a writer
- a thinker
- forever struggling with anxiety and depression
- a reluctant fitness junkie (hey, at least I’m trying)
- small in size but big in heart
- a sci-fi nerd
- a lover of tacos and french fries and breakfast foods
- an amateur musician
- a cat person AND a dog person (but OK, fine, mostly a cat person)
- a messy, chaotic, perfectly human person trying to do my best in the world
This blog is a place to pile together stories from my life, whether boring or fantastic, and share them with the world. It started out as a travel blog when I first moved to Thailand, but it’s become more than that. It’s a place to share my heart: my adventures and travels, my struggles and inspiration. Most of the time it’s just a mix of day-to-day updates for my family and random musings on life as I try to figure out how to live it best.
It has also become a safe place to talk about the hard parts of life. A place to ponder the perpetual struggles of being a human and figuring out our place in the world. A place to talk about mental illness in the hopes of normalizing it. I think the messy parts of life are the ones most worth talking about, so that’s what I try to do.
So take a gander, read a post, write a comment, and enjoy the odd intimacy of getting to know me through the internet.
Questions or comments? Feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s with the name?
1. to walk or go from one place to another without a specific goal or direction; to explore idly
2. to talk or write in a desultory or long-winded wandering fashion
I’m a miniature-sized, too-wordy travel addict. A tiny rambler.